I recently discovered these crunchy white chocolate exterior treats that give way to a soft, chocolate cheesecake-like interior that leaves you in paralysis from the pure bliss that follows each bite and, unsuprisingly, was hooked. I mean, look at these pre-white chocolate covering. cadcjlkdjcio;jeacje;kacj <– I have no words.
One of the many perks of being a music education major is required classes/meetings during your free time– generally, this occurs with 0-credit seminar classes and ensembles.
During the public school district’s fall break a few weeks ago, I was required to endure a 4-hour long mock “professional learning community” with my collegiate education class at 7:30 in the morning (when I would normally be out in the field observing and helping teachers). Luckily, my classmates are awesome and we turned it into a potluck… where my friend brought these little goodies in.
I, of course, got the recipe from my friend and had a stroke of genius– with halloween coming up around the corner… why not turn them into eyeballs?
You guys, it’s a little sad how excited I got over these. I made a batch of 24 and brought them to school and work and, in the words of my boyfriend… “THESE ARE A HIT.”
I also was super excited because it was yet another way to use my food processor besides making hummus.
- 1 package of Oreos, crushed.
- 1 8-oz package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 package of Ghirardelli White Chocolate Melting Wafers (or another white chocolate bark)
- 1 package of M&Ms
- red food coloring
- wax paper
- Using a blender or food processor, mix Oreos and cream cheese together.
- Roll into small balls (mine were about an inch in diameter)
- Chill for at least an hour
- Melt white chocolate according to package instructions
- Stick a toothpick in chilled Oreo ball and dip it in the melted chocolate
- Place Oreo ball on wax paper and place an M&M where the toothpick was.
- Allow Oreo ball to harden to harden (15 minutes)
- Mix red food coloring into remaining white chocolate and use another toothpick to place the "blood" onto the eyes.
“Eye” Put a Spell On You
You’ll understand once you try one of these…